Welcome to Dating in DC with the Single Gal.
I, of course, am the quintessential single gal. I have a tiny loft in an "up and coming" part of town. I consider myself lucky because it's on the third floor. We single gals can rarely afford to live in an apartment above ground with more than 2 rooms on our solitary incomes in this city.
I have have as many shoes and cute date outfits as I have books...and I have a lot of books. That's because every urban single gal reaches a point when they would much rather curl up with a great book than go through the awkwardness of yet another bad date. And of course, I have a cat. She is my cuddly companion who is always there with me when the relationships end. It's very Breakfast at Tiffany's.
I have been living in DC for the past three years, and I'm going to let you guess how long I've been dating. I'll give you a hint ...it all started in the 4th grade. That's when I had my first crush. So you can just imagine how 'experienced' I am, which is why this is not the place to seek advice. I wouldn't dare give advice. This is the place that I will share the trials and tribulations of my dating adventures.
My hopes are:
1) That I will perhaps gain some insight and learn from my past mistakes.
2) That you will find my stories humorous and take comfort in the fact that we are all dealing with the same frustrations as we continue our quest for the perfect partner.
3)And third, that perhaps you will give me advice!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment